Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How much wood woud a woodchuck chuck? #46


Well, as I woke up this morning, the old tongue twister "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" came to mind, and I laughed as I recalled the verse I add to prolong the fray "A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood." But, all of a sudden, it dawned on me...how do I, Donald, know that to be the truth? What gives me the divine power of deciding how hard a woodchuck would work? What was I thinking?

But questions led to questions, and finally, I asked myself, whoever wrote that song, must have assumed a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood. Who knows? Maybe they can, we've just never seen it! Why are they undermining the power of a woodchuck? What gives them the right to decide what a woodchuck can or can not do? I was twirling around in all that perplexity when I saw the light. It doesn't matter. Who cares if a woodchuck can chuck wood or if it can't? I don't care if I lie about a woodchuck! The woodchuck doesn't care! For crying out loud he can't even speak to me, let alone comprehend the full force of these questions!

Thank you for listening to my theory, and all of those in the back row can wake up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment