Sunday, August 9, 2009

♫ Featured Song: The Mariner's Revenge Song ♫





This is one of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite artists. If, you didn't guess, it's The Mariner's Revenge Song, by the Decemberists, on the album Picaresque. It's a gripping tale of a young boy, and how this man came to his widowed mother, and then later left them with all his gambling debts, which drove the mother mad, eventually, killing her. This is his epic story of how he seeks revenge against this man.

The writing from this band astounds me, I hope someday to use language so poetic as that, as freely as they do. They seem to know how to word things so perfectly, yet understandably. His singing style is different, and takes some getting used to, but I really have learned to enjoy it much. I hope you all feel the same way about this song as I do, it's well worth listening to all 8:48 minutes and seconds of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment