Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day: celebrate with a text message #9

This post marks a momentous occasion for this humble blog. The first 9th post ever!! Why is the number nine so special, do you ask? You may need to be reminded for what reason 9 holds a special place in my heart.

You walk down the parking lot to buy a toaster at K-Mart. You look around you, and see many robots around you. You look a little harder and find out they are simply teenagers on their cell phones, texting. You roll your eyes and continue your endeavor. I'm never going to be like those pathetic individuals...

This has happened to me many times. However, I could be transformed into an R2-D2 myself: for I have just received my very own cell phone. This was a combination my loving parent's Christmas gift and some future planning on my part. It's a Pantech Matrix and I can't lie I absolutely adore it. What makes me think I'll be able to join those teenagers as droid brotheren? With the phone I purchased unlimited texting...

Really...I'll try my best not to be distracted every other second with device, and I will honestly NEVER sit at a dinner table and talk to my friends at the same time. I promise you that. Err..well I'm pretty sure, anyway.

Happy Boxing day!! We can celebrate by texting each other. hpy bxng day 2 U, 2

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Not you too!!! David!! Don't become one of...one of...one of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete